Design Café
Design Center  |  DT&G Magazine  |  DT&G Forums  |  Register (Required)  |  Photoshop Tips & Tricks  |  Design Bookshelf  

Since moving to the web in 1994, DT&G has maintained an email listserv called "The Design Cafe" as a means for DTG readers to discuss all facets of the design, graphic arts and communication arts fields. Grab a cup and enjoy. Browse at your leisure, but to post, you must be registered.

Go Back   DTG Forums > The Design Café > Web Critique

#1   IP: 158.147.188.211
Old 03-09-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Does my new website work for you?

Hi everyone-
I just completed my real estate website and I am looking for anl and all comments. The website is http://www.vahomesites.com

Few things...everytime a user visits or refreshes the page there is a new image becasue I built in a random image generator where I can select 10 pics at a time. Also, I went for a clean, easy to navigate, and simplisitc feel overall since my company works with urbanite's to country living types.

Thanks all!

Last edited by joerigg : 03-09-2007 at 09:12 AM.
  #2   IP: 67.158.115.163
Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 AM

The site is well designed but I find the dark color palette kind of uninviting. This is for a high priced item of very personal nature, the site should feel friendly & open not so grim.

I like some of the images in the opening page but they take a long time to load so I'm looking at a large white blank for like 6 or 7 seconds. I would check the resolution and make them as small as you can get away with. Also, this is for homes, stick with images that show homes. The interior kitchen shot is very lovely. Get more images like that. I wouls also find a way to get the compnay logo on the front page not just in the layers below - its about branding.

Now about the navigation; I thought it was okay until I started looking at the other pages. I think you got the priorities mixed up. You should have the information about the company and its resourses in the top navigation and leave the philosophy and community stuff to the sidebar.

You have a very nice start. A little tweaking and it'll be a winner.
  #3   IP: 72.66.228.47
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Thumbs down

NOW REVISITING THIS SITE ...

... also ... the long "introduction" either is too long or freezes and doesn't progress. Not good for a real estate site.

You've putt too much emphasis on yourself... it's not about YOU ... it's about the properties the viewer is looking for.

The most successful real estate sites are those which have quick, easy, intuitive SEARCH for property, and an inviting interface about "great places to live"

#4   IP: 122.169.65.253
Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 PM

This is really very nice site which you share here. It is perfect site that give good information about real estate and property. Its very easy to access by the visitors and easy to finding information about the property. Its color and image is also good. You work hard and spend more time to create this site.