Photoshop 911
Design Center  |  DT&G Magazine  |  DT&G Forums  |  Register (Required)  |  Photoshop Tips & Tricks  |  Design Bookshelf  

Beginning in 1990, with the first version of Adobe Photoshop, DTG has published a monthly section called "Photoshop Tips & Tricks" -- Photoshop 911 became the users forum for asking specific Photoshop questions. Browse at your leisure, but to post, you must be registered.

Go Back   DTG Forums > Photoshop 911 > Emergency Room

#1   IP: 50.132.53.59
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Question Photoshop to Word

I'm newer to using Photoshop, but had a writing job where the client asked me to create a workbook in Photoshop. I knew enough to do that, but now he wants the workbook created to Word so he can send it to the editor.

Is there anyway to convert multiple Photoshop files or a Photoshop PDF to Word that preserves the formatting and makes it editable?

It doesn't seem like there should be, but since I'm not an expert yet, I don't want to tell him it can't be done until I explore all of the options.

I tried converting the PDF to word, but it's just a jumbled mess.

Thanks in advance.
  #2   IP: 72.66.228.47
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Thumbs down

That is impossible.

First: Photoshop is totally the WRONG program to produce that project.

If you have the CS package, you should be doing this kind of work in InDesign and NOT Photoshop.

Photoshop converts the type to bigmaps once you save out a file for further processing.

CS6 Has a lot of other, new text manipulation features -- but I suspect, in the end, they'll be converted to bitmaps.

:-(
  #3   IP: 72.66.228.47
Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Thumbs down

It's just plain STUPID for Adobe to load up an already overly bloated program with yet more stupid functions that really are totally innappropriate for the job the tool is intended to be used for. They've added wordprocessing and video ... and they're starting to behave like Microsoft! Photoshop CS2 was the LAST GOOD VERSION.

#4   IP: 98.217.83.81
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
CS6 Has a lot of other, new text manipulation features -- but I suspect, in the end, they'll be converted to bitmaps.

:-(
.............why bitmaps and not png?
  #5   IP: 72.66.228.47
Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Lightbulb

well.. ER, uh,

PNGs *are* bitmaps.

"Bitmap" means composed of a grid of "bits" or pixels -- as opposed to vector data. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.png)

Even so, Photoshop is not suited for a multi-page project, unless for some reason it's an intentional use of Photoshop. It forces each "page" to be handled as a separate entity, unless being produced in the form of press sheet.