Photoshop 911
Design Center  |  DT&G Magazine  |  DT&G Forums  |  Register (Required)  |  Photoshop Tips & Tricks  |  Design Bookshelf  

Beginning in 1990, with the first version of Adobe Photoshop, DTG has published a monthly section called "Photoshop Tips & Tricks" -- Photoshop 911 became the users forum for asking specific Photoshop questions. Browse at your leisure, but to post, you must be registered.

Go Back   DTG Forums > Photoshop 911 > Photoshop Misbehaving

#1   IP: 205.185.67.62
Old 07-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Default can't print photoshop files

I'm having a weird issue with Photoshop CS4 all of a sudden. I am trying to print multiple .jpg files and it will print ONE just fine but when I try and print anything after that I get the error message: "Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer".

I tried closing Photoshop and relaunching and it did the same thing. It printed one document but won't let me print anything else afterward.

I've restarted my computer but that didn't change anything.

I can print fine in all my other programs (In-Design, Illustrator, etc.).

Any suggestions?
  #2   IP: 98.217.81.183
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM

check your printer ink levels, I know when mine is out it doesn't recognize it
  #3   IP: 202.166.165.131
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 PM

Default Re:Printing

its not related with the ink level because if it is then it will not print the first document you should check your CS4 setting or to reinstall your CS4 and then check rather its working ok or the same problem
  #4   IP: 122.169.76.75
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljhonson
its not related with the ink level because if it is then it will not print the first document you should check your CS4 setting or to reinstall your CS4 and then check rather its working ok or the same problem

Hi gilljhonson, i agree with you for reinstall photoshop CS4 because it is possible to create some mistake in settings which make problem to print multiple .jpg files.
  #5   IP: 122.169.69.154
Old 08-25-2012, 05:55 AM

According to me you can easily print the photoshop file without having any problem because i also use the photoshop CS4 and i print many of the photoshop file. I would like to suggest you that you have to reinstall the photpshop CS4 software in your computer than try again to print the photoshop file.
  #6   IP: 222.253.167.99
Old 10-26-2013, 11:36 PM

I am having the same exact problem. Made several prints yesterday with no problem then all of a sudden I get the pop-up message "Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer." Clicking OK on that, another pop-up: "Could not complete the Print command because of a problem using the Adobe Color Engine."