Photoshop 911
Design Center  |  DT&G Magazine  |  DT&G Forums  |  Register (Required)  |  Photoshop Tips & Tricks  |  Design Bookshelf  

Beginning in 1990, with the first version of Adobe Photoshop, DTG has published a monthly section called "Photoshop Tips & Tricks" -- Photoshop 911 became the users forum for asking specific Photoshop questions. Browse at your leisure, but to post, you must be registered.

Go Back   DTG Forums > Photoshop 911 > Photoshop Files, OS Problems

#1   IP: 72.65.102.28
Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Default HELP Please. Lost Files??? Lost Photos!!!

I have a serious problem where some of my photo files , somehow, some photo files have been put into "My Documents" . I am unable to reconnect to these files. When I try I get a permanent small red box with a jagged line through it placed/stamped on bottum/middle of picture. I have lots of pictures in my album that I can't do any thing with -it seems they are ruined by the photoshop flaw.
For example: I want to view a photo full screen or burn to a cd I am given shown the "reconnect missing files window"...However, the option to reconnect is not available...My only choice is to "remove from catalog"...

What is up? How could this happen???
I want my pictures back...Could someone please help. And it seems Adobe photoshop has NO real help desk to contact.

Last edited by HNYlax : 08-24-2007 at 04:24 AM.
  #2   IP: 71.63.43.247
Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 AM

Arrow Reload...

Since I really have no idea what's going on there, I can only suggest getting the camera card and reloading the photos. Do yourself a favor: get a card reader and use it.

The error and conditions you describe would suggest that Photoshop built a directory, and built screen representations of the photos but actually did not download the photos from the camera card.

I remember back when I let an Adobe product download directly from the camera, I had some unsettling results -- and from that point on, I always use a card reader -- taking the camera and Photoshop out of the equation -- mounting the card as if it were another drive, and physically 'drag-n-drop' the photos on to the computer hard drive in a directory I started just for that "roll". Since then, I know where all my pictures are, and they're all in their original form -- working only on back-ups.

For Mac users, beware, iPhoto plays some weird games with your photos too, so the same goes for letting iPhoto grab your shots.

Pictures are precious.
I don't have the confidence in the software to let it blindly automate the handling of originals.

#3   IP: 202.12.74.78
Old 11-07-2007, 05:28 AM

Hi,

Have you tried http://www.fileslost.com ?
They offer a free file recovery service (undelete files). It is free and no need to install anything so it is worth trying.
Hope this helps!

Marc
  #4   IP: 125.63.74.115
Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 AM

Default re:lost images

Hi,

it seems that your images or pc is virus infected. Check for viruses with the help of antivirus program and fix them. After fixing the viruses use stellar phoenix photo recovery software to get back your lost images. With the help of demo version you can see preview of your images from here:http://www.photo-recovery-software.com
  #5   IP: 95.37.235.191
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 AM

Default Lost Photos... Help

Yup...I lost my CR2s and had to use Flash File Recovery. Did a pretty good job!
  #6   IP: 59.98.192.189
Old 05-15-2011, 11:50 PM

It is possible that your photos are damaged as a result you are unable to access the photos. So, you need to format the hard drive after that you should make use of backup to restore the photos in case you have not preserved backup in advance then you need to make use of photo recovery for mac to restore the deleted photographs safely.
  #7   IP: 122.166.117.202
Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 AM

Default iPhoto recovery Mac

You can recover lost photos using Remo iPhoto recovery Mac software
  #8   IP: 59.98.192.168
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM

If you have accidentally deleted your photgrpahs and not able to recover it then you don't have to worry anymore because you can easily get them back with the help of Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software. The software is capable to restore deleted photos from all types of digital cameras. It supports recovery from memory card, memory stick and USB drive etc.