Design Café
Design Center  |  DT&G Magazine  |  DT&G Forums  |  Register (Required)  |  Photoshop Tips & Tricks  |  Design Bookshelf  

Since moving to the web in 1994, DT&G has maintained an email listserv called "The Design Cafe" as a means for DTG readers to discuss all facets of the design, graphic arts and communication arts fields. Grab a cup and enjoy. Browse at your leisure, but to post, you must be registered.

Go Back   DTG Forums > The Design Café > Web Critique

#1   IP: 61.16.241.194
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM

Default Your suggestion is valuable for my beauty site!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

avabellaspasalon.com is Durango's premier Med Spa. We are here to serve you Medical Spa services. We have an array of treatments of skin,body and hair. At Avabella Spa & Salon we train our staffs by industry experts to provide you the all types of treatment for your skin.

Please review this site!!!!

Thank You.

Colorado spa retreat
  #2   IP: 72.66.242.86
Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Arrow

Lovely look and feel ...

but for the most part, boring and uneffective.

Why do I say that?

You present such a warm and inviting arrival and entrance (Although I think landing pages suck) ... BUT ...

when clicking the departments, the graphics and everything stays the same and only the very dim, hard-to-read text changes.

When the reader clicks on a new topic, they expect to "arrive" there.

You need to change the image above the text as the topic page changes so the visit has a sense of arrival.

You've missed the real opportunity to ILLUSTRATE what the topic message is by not using an image of that particular spa service.

Take more pictures!
  #3   IP: 24.163.58.39
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM

The only place you have your address and phone number is on your contact page, and you have plenty of space in the lower left to supply this information on every page. And as far as I can tell, nowhere on your site do you have your hours posted. As a client I would find both of these things important.
If you are already supplying all of these services, why don't you have any pictures as examples of the services offered? I agree, having one generic photo up for each service grouping doesn't really show off what you can do, and pictures speak much louder than words.
The ads at the bottom for pedicures and manicures cycle through quickly, and can become annoying. Have them either cycle slower, or change them with the click of each service catagory.
The main write-ups are in a soft grey color, which can be hard to read - why not make them black?
And I personally don't like landing pages myself - they require yet another click to get to your site and are pretty, but a waste of time.
When are you going to put up your virtual tour? If you aren't able to finish a page anytime soon, I think it detracts from your site to have the promise of something and not deliver; just take non-functional pages off until you have them ready to go.
  #4   IP: 72.66.228.47
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Arrow Nice Feel ... but needs diversity in images

I'm liking most of the presentation --

I really wish you would have a different photo for each department -- and maybe even some of the pages within the departments.

That save image (over to the right) on every single page is not only boring, but makes the visitor wonder if they actually arrived at a new page.

You need an attractive model, a good photographer, and an afternoon in the studio to SHOOT the images for your major departments.

Spend the money! It'll make more money for you in the long run!

#5   IP: 122.169.67.201
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 PM

I saw here your beauty site which you share in this forum. Its looks very nice and you use good background color its makes your site very nice. You also describe here all the service and treatment of spa and also write good content. If you want to make it more attractive than i would like to suggest you that you use more images according to your business.
  #6   IP: 98.24.6.1
Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Lovely look and feel ...

but for the most part, boring and uneffective.

when clicking the departments, the graphics and everything stays the same and only the very dim, hard-to-read text changes.

When the reader clicks on a new topic, they expect to "arrive" there.
Take more pictures!

I could not agree more, in addition the site looks very dated there is a lot of old web design techniques on your site, and not very many new ones. It also SCREAMS generic template.
  #7   IP: 122.169.65.170
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlpe548b
I could not agree more, in addition the site looks very dated there is a lot of old web design techniques on your site, and not very many new ones. It also SCREAMS generic template.

Hi i am not agree with you that this site looks out dates and use old web designing techniques. Its looks great site, its easily navigate and users can get lots of good information about the service of the beauty salon. According to me this is really great site.